Win a Mondiall voucher worth R800
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
One of the first things you notice when you walk into Mondiall Kitchen & Bar is the view of Table Mountain. The doors along one side of this V&A Waterfront eatery open onto the marina just in front of Alfred Mall, Cape Town’s directional landmark prominent on the horizon.
With the food trend leaning towards cooking over hot coals, Mondiall is now using what’s dubbed ‘Green Eggs’ in their kitchen: two dual-sided, cast-iron grids for smoking, slow-roasting, searing and grilling red meat and seafood – something the restaurant’s new head chef Stephen Mendes, winner of the 2014 Ultimate Braai Master, is excited about using for the autumn/winter 2016 menu.
The focus for the colder months is ‘low and slow’ cooking: think crispy ham hock with caramelised apple puree, celeriac remoulade and pea shoots as a starter and braised beef shortrib as a main. The wagyu cheese burger is also a favourite, as are the fish tacos. For dessert, we love the banana split (caramelised banana in puff pastry, with macadamia nuts, milk ice cream and maraschino cherries).
PS don’t forget the two-for-one specials on starters, mains and dessert on Mondays, as well as ladies’ night on Thursdays: 50% off your meal and R30 cocktails.
One lucky reader stands the chance to win lunch or dinner at Mondiall worth R800. All you need to do is follow the simple steps below and you may just be relaxing with friends next to the fireplace, enjoying a glass of bubbly or perhaps that banana split.
How do I enter?
1. Subscribe to the REview newsletter by clicking here (this is required to send you your voucher).
2. Comment below, telling us why you want to go.
Entries will close on 13 June 2016. All entrants who complete the above two steps will be entered into a draw.
Term and conditions
• Entrants must be older than 18 years.
• Only one entry per person will be accepted, but feel free to leave as many comments as you like.
• Competition closes on 13 June 2016.
• The winner will be announced on 13 June 2016.
• Voucher is valid until 17 August 2016 and must be used on or before this date.
• Voucher won can be transferred to another attendee, as long as the winner informs the Real Estate magazine team before attending.
• The voucher cannot be refunded in any way, shape or form.
• Real Estate magazine has no affiliation with Mondiall and thus cannot represent the Mondiall brand nor speak for it.
021 418 3002
Words Kirsty Wilkins